Extra Virgin Olive Oil, or EVOO as some call it is one of the best cooking oils ever. They can get quite pricey if you are looking for the best quality EVOO.
Good news for the young, poor, fresh out of college people there’s another new big guy in town and his name is Coconut oil!
When you buy coconut oil it comes in solid form in the jar but as soon as it is heated it because clear and liquid. I find it adds a little flavour to the veggies and tofu in stir fries.
Why is it so good?
- Avoiding premature aging: contains antioxidants
- Prevents heart disease: contains lauric acid which helps with cholesterol levels and high blood pressure
- Weight loss: helps digestion, thyroid and enzyme system. It also increases the body’s metablism by removing stress of the pancreas!
- Immune system: strengthens the immune system because it contains antimicrobial lipids, lauric acid and capric acid that helps fight bacteria.
- Liver and kidney: helps prevent liver and kidney diseases since the fatty acids are easily turned into energy and don’t sit in the digestive organs as long
- Less calories! Yup, athletes and dieters like it because it contains less calories than other oils and it’s converted into energy really quickly as opposed to clogging your heart and arteries!